We’re creating a new Guideposts.org
It’s faster, it’s mobile friendly—and we’d love you to have a sneak peek. Click here to preview
This is bound to become your family's favorite recipe.
Here's a delicious recipe that Lori used to woo her new beau (who's now her husband).
|1 fully cooked bone-in ham, 6-8 lbs.||¼ c. light brown sugar, packed|
|whole cloves||¼ c. honey|
|1 15-oz can pineapple slices in juice||¼ c. cola|
1. Heat oven to 325°F. Place ham, fat side up, on a rack in a foil-lined roasting pan.
2. Score the surface, making diamond shapes ½-inch deep. Insert a clove in the center of every other diamond. Cover the ham loosely in foil.
3. Bake 18-20 minutes per pound, or until meat thermometer registers about 140°F.
4. To make glaze, drain pineapple slices, reserving ¼ cup of juice. Combine the reserved juice, brown sugar, honey and cola in a saucepan.
5. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low; cook until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Remove foil from ham. Brush ham with glaze.
6. Arrange pineapple slices over the top of the ham. Secure with toothpicks. Bake an additional 30 minutes, still at 325°F, basting every 10 minutes with glaze.
Serves 8 to 10.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 880; Fat: 38g; Cholesterol: 265mg; Sodium: 4400mg; Total Carbohydrates: 28g; Dietary Fiber: 1g; Sugars: 26g; Protein: 101g.
Don't miss Lori's inspiring story about impressing her then-future husband with her Easter ham.
Download your FREE ebook, The Power of Hope: 7 Inspirational Stories of People Rediscovering Faith, Hope and Love.