We’re creating a new Guideposts.org
It’s faster, it’s mobile friendly—and we’d love you to have a sneak peek. Click here to preview
This smoky delight will be the hit of your summer meals, and with just five ingredients, it's easy to prepare.
This recipe makes one melt-in-your-mouth meal!
|1 5-lb. pork tenderloin||Pepper to taste|
|1 bottle steak sauce||2 c. honey|
|Salt to taste|
1. Two days before cooking, cut a slit lengthwise in the tenderloin, about an inch from the each end.
2. Place tenderloin in a pan and coat with steak sauce, filling the slit. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate.
4. When you're ready to barbecue, pour off the marinade. Coat the tenderloin and fill the slot with honey.
5. Cook meat for about 2 hours in a smoker on medium setting, using charcoal and hickory chips. Do not wrap or turn meat.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 450; Fat: 8g; Cholesterol: 145mg; Sodium: 730mg; Total Carbohydrates: 47g; Dietary Fiber: 0g; Sugars: 44g; Protein: 47g.
Don't miss Rick's inspiring story of family and friends taking the sting out of turning fifty.