This tasty, vegetarian wrap is perfect for a light lunch!
3 large zucchini, peeled
Pinch of sun-dried sea salt
Juice of ½ lemon
2 cups chopped walnuts
2 cups loosely packed fresh green and purple basil leaves
3 cloves garlic
1 heaping tablespoon red miso
2 tomatoes, cubed
Chopped green and purple basil, for garnish
1. Using a vegetable peeler or mandoline, cut thin, wide strips lengthwise down the zucchini.
2. Place the zucchini strips in a bowl, cover with water, add the sea salt and lemon juice, and soak for 2 hours, or until they taste clean (not starchy). Drain, rinse, and drain again.
3. To prepare the pesto, place the walnuts, basil leaves, and garlic in a homogenizer juicer or food processor and homogenize, creating an oily paste. Transfer the paste to a bowl and stir in the miso.
4. To prepare each wrap, lay a zucchini strip flat on your work surface. Drop a teaspoon of pesto in the center of the zucchini strip. Press a small piece of tomato into the pesto. Fold or roll up the zucchini strip.
5. Secure the wrap by piercing it with a toothpick or place it, seam side down, on a serving plate. Serve garnished with the chopped basil.
Serves 4 to 6