Heirloom Tomato, Summer Peach and Herb Gazpacho Salad
This healthy and delicious salad is a snap to make and is just perfect for picnics, cook-outs and other summer gatherings.
The tastes of summer—ripe, fresh and sweet.
|2 lb. heirloom tomatoes, cut into bite-size pieces||1 t. soy sauce|
|1 lb. ripe peaches, peeled and cut into wedges||½ t. finely grated lemon zest|
|½ small red onion, sliced thinly||¼ t. kosher salt|
|2 T. extra-virgin olive oil||½ c. lightly packed whole small mint and basil leaves|
|2 T. orange juice||Edible flowers, petals separated if large, for garnish (optional)|
|1 T. balsamic vinegar|
1. Core large and stem small tomatoes; put in large bowl. Add peaches and onion.
2. Whisk together olive oil, orange juice, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, lemon zest, salt.
3. Pour dressing over tomato mixture.
4. Add half of the herbs, season with salt and toss.
5. Before serving, toss again and sprinkle with remaining herbs and flowers.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 120; Fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 400mg; Total Carbohydrates: 17g; Dietary Fiber: 3g; Sugars: 12g; Protein: 2g.
Download your FREE ebook, The Power of Hope: 7 Inspirational Stories of People Rediscovering Faith, Hope and Love.
Recipe excerpted from Fast, Fresh & Green: More Than 90 Delicious Recipes by Susie Middleton, Chronicle Books, Copyright © 2010.