Two Thanksgiving Yam Recipes in One
A Florida woman, inspired by a pair of sweet potato recipes she found in Guideposts, combines the two into an extra-special holiday dish.
After reading The Great Yam War, a 2009 story about two sisters who competed over Thanksgiving recipes, Guideposts reader Connie Ferdon decided to combine the pair's two sweet potato recipes into one tasty dish you'll want to serve your family this holiday season.
|2 29-ounce cans sweet potatoes||1 tablespoon cinnamon|
|1 8-ounce can crushed pineapple (undrained)||½ cup pecans, chopped|
|1 stick butter||1 10-ounce bag miniature marshmallows|
|1 cup light-brown sugar|
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Lightly spray 9 x 11-inch glass baking dish with nonstick coking spray.
3. Drain sweet potatoes and place in large bowl. Use a mixer to beat potatoes till they’re smooth.
4. Add pineapple and juice, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon. Beat well.
4. Pour into dish, spreading potato mixture evenly. Spread pecans evenly over potatoes.
4. Bake for 20 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and sprinkle top with marshmallows. Return to oven and bake till marshmallows are golden brown, about 10 minutes.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 640; Fat, 18 g; Cholesterol, 20 mg; Sodium, 270 mg; Total Carbohydrates, 118g; Dietary Fiber, 7g; Sugars, 63g; Protein, 7g.
Download your FREE ebook, The Power of Hope: 7 Inspirational Stories of People Rediscovering Faith, Hope and Love.