Five Things You Didn't Know About Kristin Chenoweth
Even her fans might learn something from these interesting facts.
Kristin Chenoweth has experienced success on the stage, in the movies, on TV, and as a recording artist. But here are five bits of insider info that even her fans might not be familiar with.
1. She is called Kris or Kristi by family and friends. Her given name is Kristi Dawn. She didn’t become "Kristin" until her musical theater teacher at Oklahoma City University, Florence Birdwell, suggested putting the "n" at the end of her first name to make it sound a bit more professional.
Try Guideposts magazine Risk-Free! Get 2 Free Issues - plus a Free Gift!
2. She cherishes her pink leather Bible embossed with her name, a gift from her mom 20 years ago.
3. She was given a set of rosary beads by Martin Sheen when they were on The West Wing. “One day on set I was nervous about an upcoming flight. He went to his dressing room and came back with a rosary blessed by Pope John Paul II to carry with me when I travel. That he shared his faith with me was really special.” P.S. Check out Martin’s dramatic and inspiring 1986 Guideposts story.
4. She has a big sweet tooth. Her specialty: No Calorie Left Behind Butterfinger Pie. “Crush up six Butterfingers then stir into Cool Whip (12 oz.). Dump it all into a premade graham-cracker crust. Freeze. Devour.”
5. She honors her heroes. For her new album, Some Lessons Learned, Kristin wrote the song “What Would Dolly Do,” a tribute to her idol, Dolly Parton. “I just admire her career. And she’s nice to everybody. When I met her she told me, 'Honey, you should play me!'"
Cover Connection: Both Dolly and Kristin have appeared on the cover of Guideposts twice, no small feat. Besides Dr. Peale, can you name the other people who have been on our cover more than once? View our slideshow to see how you did.
Read our cover story on Kristin Chenoweth.