Mom's Famous Chocolate Bundt Cake
The author shares her mother's cake recipe, always made as a simple gesture of love and affection.
The perfect way to brighten someone's day (or your own).
|Butter for cake pan||4 extra-large fresh eggs|
|1 package (18.25-ounce) devil's food|
chocolate cake mix
|12 oz. sour cream|
|1 package (3.9-ounce) devil's food|
instant pudding mix
|1 12-ounce bag semi-sweet mini chocolate chips (or more to taste)|
|½ c. corn oil||Confectioner's sugar|
|½ c. water|
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Heavily butter a large Bundt cake pan.
2. In a mixing bowl at medium-high speed mix together cake mix, pudding mix, corn oil, water, eggs and sour cream for 10 minutes.
3. Remove bowl from mixer and stir in chocolate chips.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Remove cake from pan and cool. Once cooled, dust with confectioner's sugar or ice with your favorite icing. For a festive touch, tuck fresh flowers into the middle of the cake hole, like my mom used to do!
The cake freezes beautifully, whole or sliced, for up to 3 months. Serves 12-14.
Nutritional Information (based on 12 servings): Calories: 540; Fat: 29g; Cholesterol: 100mg; Sodium: 540mg; Total Carbohydrates: 61g; Dietary Fiber: 3g; Sugars: 42g; Protein: 8g.
Don't miss Kathryn's inspiring story about the lessons her mother taught her.
Download your FREE ebook, The Power of Hope: 7 Inspirational Stories of People Rediscovering Faith, Hope and Love.