Roasted Vegetables with Garlic Sauce
Here's a healthy and delicious meal that's also quick and easy to prepare.
Try this medley of veggies at your next dinner!
|2 small potatoes, halved||2 heads of garlic, outer skin removed|
|1 medium sweet poatoe, halved||1 pear, halved|
|1 small acorn squash, quartered||1 Tbl. olive oil|
|2 medium turnips (leave whole)||½ teas. salt|
|2 medium beets (leave whole)||¼ c. plain yogurt|
|2 medium parsnips (leave whole)||black pepper, to taste|
|2 medium red onions (leave whole)|
1. Preheat oven to 450°. Arrange vegetables and pear in a roasting pan, placing cut sides up.
2. Drizzle olive oil over everything and stir to give a light coating. Sprinkle with salt
3. Roast for about 40 minutes, or until veggies are tender when pierced with a fork.
4. Remove garlic heads and separate into cloves. Squeeze garlic out of their skins, then discard skins.
5. Using a fork, mash garlic into the yogurt and add pepper to taste. Serve yogurt garlic sauce alongside veggies.
Serves 2 to 4.
Nutritional Information (based on 4 servings): Calories: 340; Fat: 4.5g; Cholestrol: 0mg; Sodium: 410mg; Total Carbohydrates: 71g; Dietary Fiber: 12g; Sugars: 19g; Protein: 8g.
Don't miss Susan's inspiring story about how she and her husband adopted a sustainable lifestyle in the mountains of North Carolina.
Download your FREE ebook, The Power of Hope: 7 Inspirational Stories of People Rediscovering Faith, Hope and Love.