A pastor concerned about obesity offers this healthy alternative to an old favorite.
Jan 13, 2012
To be truly tasty, chicken doesn't have to be fried, as this recipe deliciously proves.
|1 3-lb. chicken, cut up, or your favorite chicken parts|
|1 tsp. garlic powder|
|½ tsp. black pepper|
|1 tsp. Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper Season Blend (salt-free)|
|1½ tsp. low-sodium seasoned salt|
|1 c. unseasoned bread crumbs or crushed corn flakes|
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Wash chicken. Pat dry. Spray with nonstick cooking spray to help crumbs adhere to chicken.
3. Mix coating ingredients together in bowl.
4. Dredge chicken in coating. Place in cooking pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
5. Bake until juice runs clear (about 45-60 minutes).
6. Serve with favorite vegetable.
Serves 4 to 6. Adust seasoning to taste.
Nutritional Information (based on four servings): Calories: 250; Fat: 7g; Cholesterol: 80mg; Sodium: 280mg; Total Carbohydrates: 20g; Dietary Fiber: 1g; Sugars: 2g; Protein: 23g.
Don't miss Rev. Minor's inspiring story about working to improve the diet and lifestyle of the members of his congregation.
Download your FREE ebook, The Power of Hope: 7 Inspirational Stories of People Rediscovering Faith, Hope and Love.