This quick and easy recipe will come in very handy for holiday entertaining!
Posted in , Nov 12, 2013
The spinach in this dish will help you to stay strong through holiday parties.
|1 10-oz. box frozen spinach, thawed||1 envelope vegetable soup mix|
|1 16-oz. container sour cream||1 lb. boule or round loaf of country bread|
1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Squeeze spinach dry and place in a large bowl. Stir in sour cream and soup mix.
2. Cut the top off the loaf and scoop out two-thirds of the bread inside, leaving a soft, plump wall.
3. Pour spinach mixture into loaf and place on baking sheet.
4. Bake until lightly golden and crisp, about 20 minutes. In the last 6 minutes of baking, scatter the scooped-out bread chunks onto the baking sheet to toast.
5. Serve on a platter, using the “toast” to serve.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 320; Fat: 12g; Cholesterol: 40mg; Sodium: 440mg; Total Carbohydrates: 38g; Dietary Fiber: 3g; Sugars: 8g; Protein: 9g.
Download your FREE ebook, The Power of Hope: 7 Inspirational Stories of People Rediscovering Faith, Hope and Love.
From One Pot, One Bowl: Rediscover the Wonders of Simple, Home-Cooked Meals by Kim McCosker (Atria Books, a division of Simon & Schuster, Inc.).