Have you ever had pancakes like this?
Posted in , Feb 20, 2009
This recipe is so sweet and so indulgent that you could have it any time of the day. The hazelnut-chocolate spread combined with the bananas gives these pancakes a gourmet twist.
1 cup pancake mix
½ cup Nutella (hazelnut-chocolate spread), at room temperature, or 3/4 cup whole milk
¼ cup sour cream
1 tablespoon vegetable oil topping
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 pound sugar
4 bananas, peeled and cut into ¼-inch-thick slices ¼ cup maple syrup
1. Place the pancake mix in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk together the egg and Nutella or chocolate.
2. Add the milk, sour cream, and oil. Stir into the pancake mix and whisk just to combine. Let the batter rest according to the label directions.
3. Place a nonstick griddle or skillet coated with oil, butter, or cooking spray over medium heat. Spoon ? cup of batter per pancake onto the griddle. Turn when bubbles rise to the surface and the edges look cooked. Repeat with the remaining batter. Serve with topping.
Sautéed Banana Topping:
1. In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
2. Add the sugar and cook, stirring, until the mixture begins to brown, about 2 minutes.
3. Add the bananas and gently coat with the butter mixture. Cook until they begin to soften, about 2 minutes.
4. Add the maple syrup and bring just to a boil. Stir gently and serve immediately. Makes 8 to 10 pancakes
Recipe courtesy of Real Simple magazine, reprinted here with permission. Photo by Antonis Achilleos.