This classic pound cake will be a hit with young and old alike and can be complemented with your favorite topping.
- Posted on Feb 4, 2019
|1 c. butter (2 sticks), softened|
|½ c. butter-flavored shortening|
|3 c. sugar|
|¾ c. sour cream|
|1 Tbsp. butter extract (or lemon or almond extract)|
|2 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract|
|1 tsp. salt|
|1 tsp. baking powder|
|1 c. all-purpose flour|
|¾ c. buttermilk|
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. With an electric mixer, cream together the softened butter and shortening
3. Add the sugar to the creamed butter and shortening. Cream for 3 to 5 minutes, until the mixture is fluffy.
4. Add five eggs, one at a time, and mix until the yolks disappear, about 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Blend in sour cream, extracts, salt and baking powder.
6. Gradually blend in the all-purpose flour and buttermilk.
7. Spray a Bundt pan with cooking spray, and pour in batter.
8. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Allow the cake to cool completely, about 20 to 30 minutes. Turn out onto a cake plate, and add topping of your choice.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 590; Fat: 28g; Cholesterol: 125mg; Sodium: 370mg; Total Carbohydrates: 76g; Dietary Fiber: 0g; Sugars: 52g; Protein: 7g.