A snap to make, a joy to eat!
Posted in , Sep 16, 2010
Here's one of those "looks like you fussed" desserts that is so easy it's become a standard for me. I love the mocha version, but pure chocolate lovers may prefer using a chocolate chip ice cream.
1½ cups crushed cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (about 15)
1½ teaspoons sugar, optional
¼ cup butter or margarine, melted
2 pints chocolate chip or coffee ice cream, softened
¼ cup chocolate syrup
Additional cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, optional
1. In a bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar if desired. Stir in butter.
2. Press cookie mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of an un-greased 9-inch pie plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Spoon 1 pint of ice cream into crust. Drizzle with half of the chocolate syrup; swirl with a knife.
4. Carefully top first layer with the remaining ice cream. Drizzle with remaining syrup; swirl with a knife.
5. Cover and freeze until firm.
6. Remove from the freezer 10–15 minutes before serving. Garnish with whole cookies if desired.