This cookie recipe is a crowd-pleaser!
- Posted on Oct 7, 2009
A thin, chocolatey delight!
3 cups rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, lightly softened
1⅓ cups light-brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 bag (about 10 ounces) miniature chocolate or cinnamon chips
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Put 2 cups oatmeal in food porcessor and process until finely ground.
3. In mixer, cream butter until smooth. Mix in sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
4. In another bowl, stir together ground and whole oatmeal, baking soda and salt. With mixer on low, add dry ingredients to batter and mix until just blended. Add chips and mix until just blended.
5. Drop spoonfuls onto pan, leaving 2 to 3 inches between them.
6. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned.