Rebecca Katz, familiar to Guideposts readers as The Healthy Cook, shares a delightfully sweet recipe with you that has the added benefit of being good for you!
- Posted on Feb 6, 2017
These strawberries are antioxidant-packed sweets for a sweet time of the year.
|3 Tbsp. Grade B maple syrup||Freshly ground black pepper|
|1 Tbsp. pomegranate molasses||2 c. strawberries, hulled|
|1 ½ tsp. extra-virgin olive oil||2 tsp. very thinly sliced fresh basial|
|¼ tsp. sea salt|
1. Preheat oven to 250°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Whisk maple syrup, pomegranate molasses, olive oil, salt and a few grinds of pepper in large bowl. Add berries and stir gently until coated.
3. Spread mixture on baking sheet in a single layer (save any leftover juices).
4. Bake 90 minutes or until berries are about half their original size, stirring halfway through baking time.
5. Let cool, then transfer berries and any remaining juices to a bowl. Gently stir in basil; let sit 5 minutes for flavors to meld. Serve warm or room temperature
Nutritional Information: Calories: 90; Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 150mg; Total Carbohydrates: 18g; Dietary Fiber: 1g; Sugars: 14g; Protein: 1g.
Reprinted with permission from The Longevity Cookbook by Rebecca Katz, copyright © 2013, Published by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of Peguin Random House, LLC. Photo by Leo Gong, copyright © 2013.