This delicious and easy-to-make cheesecake will soon become a family favorite.
Posted in , Mar 15, 2012
Elizabeth updates a basic cheesecake with a chocolate crust and a chocolate-caramel-pecan topping.
|1 ½ c. crushed chocolate wafer cookies||3 T. melted butter|
|(You can also use a store-bought chocolate graham cracker crust.)
|2 8-oz packages cream cheese, softened||1 t. vanilla|
|½ c. sugar
||2 eggs, room temperature
|½ c. mini chocolate chips||½ c. caramel ice cream topping|
|½ c. chopped pecans|
1. Preheat over to 325°.
2. Mix together cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie pan.
3. In a large bowl, stir cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and vanilla and stir until combined.
4. Add eggs one at a time and mix until batter is smooth.
4. Pour cream cheese mixture into prepared crust and bake for 40 minutes or until slightly brown and beginning to crack on top. Set aside to cool
4. In a bowl, combine chocolate chips, pecans and ice cream topping. Spread gently over the top of cheesecake.
4. Place cheesecake in refrigerator until completely cooled.
Serves 6 to 8.
Nutritional Information (six servings): Calories: 720; Fat: 46g; Cholesterol: 150mg; Sodium: 530mg; Total Carbohydrates: 71g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Sugars: 29g; Protein: 10g.
Don't miss Elizabeth's inspiring story about giving struggling women confidence and faith by teaching them cooking skills.
Download your FREE ebook, The Power of Hope: 7 Inspirational Stories of People Rediscovering Faith, Hope and Love.