This hearty and delicious recipe, passed on to Bri McKoy by her mother, will satisfy the entire family.
|2 tsp. salt|
|1 tsp. pepper|
|½ tsp. garlic powder|
|1 chuck roast (3-4 lbs.)|
|2 Tbsp. coconut oil (or oil of choice)|
|1 can (10½-11 oz.) cream of mushroom soup|
|¼ c. red wine|
|2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce|
|1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced|
|1 package (8 oz.) sliced baby portabella mushrooms (optional)|
|4-5 butter potatoes, quartered or halved (depending on size)|
|3 garlic cloves, crushed|
|4 carrots, peeled and quartered|
|2 dried bay leaves|
|¾ c. beef broth (or water)|
1. Preheat oven to 275°F. In a dish, combine salt, pepper and garlic powder; mix together.
2. Heat oil in a Dutch oven and sear roast on all sides (about 2 minutes per side).
3. While roast is searing, prepare gravy: Combine cream of mushroom soup, wine and Worcestershire sauce; set aside.
4. Remove roast from Dutch oven and add all veggies; cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Make room in middle of Dutch oven; add roast, bay leaves and broth.
5. Pour gravy over roast; cover. Cook 3½ to 4 hours, until meat falls apart easily when pierced with a fork.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 1202; Fat: 63g; Cholesterol: 270mg; Sodium: 1180mg; Total Carbohydrates: 44g; Dietary Fiber: 6g; Sugars: 7g; Protein: 64g.