Sweetness from apple juice and the bacon's smoky saltiness make this dish a hit.
Posted in , Oct 14, 2013
Think you don't like Brussels sprouts? This just might be the recipe for you.
|2 lbs. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved||2 Tbsp. apple juice or cider|
|6 bacon slices, chopped||salt and pepper to taste|
1. Cook sprouts in a steamer basket over boiling water in a large, covered pot until almost tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp and browned.
3. Use a slotted spoon to transfer bacon to paper towels. Drain all but 3 tablespoons drippings from skillet. Heat drippings over medium-high heat.
4. Add sprouts. Cook until tender and browned in spots, about 5 minutes.
5. Add juice. Bring to a boil, stirring gently until sprouts are coated.
6. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle bacon on top right before serving.
Serves 6 to 8.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 70; Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 5mg; Sodium: 120mg; Total Carbohydrates: 9g; Dietary Fiber: 4g; Sugars: 3g; Protein: 4g.
Don't miss Robin's inspiring story about finding faith and family in her home state of Ohio.
Download your FREE ebook, The Power of Hope: 7 Inspirational Stories of People Rediscovering Faith, Hope and Love.