This baked bird is not only tasty and good for you, but very easy to prepare.
- Posted on Jul 29, 2014
Elana Amsterdam, author of three cookbooks, including the New York Times bestseller Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry, is known for her inventive, healthy recipes.
|1 whole chicken, 2-3 lbs.||3 lemons|
|2 Tbsp. olive oil||2 medium onions|
|2 Tbsp. honey||1 head garlic|
|1 Tbsp. sea salt|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Place it, breast-side down, in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
2. Drizzle with olive oil and honey, sprinkle with salt and stuff with one of the whole lemons. Cut the remaining two lemons in half and place in the corners of the baking dish.
3. Cut onions in half (leaving skin on) and place alongside the lemon halves. Break head of garlic apart (leaving skin on) and scatter the cloves around the baking dish.
4. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until skin is well browned. Increase heat to 450°F, turn chicken breast-side up and bake about 15 more minutes, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thigh reads 170°F to 180°F
5. Carve the chicken, drizzling with pan juices.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 870; Fat: 58g; Cholesterol: 255mg; Sodium: 2340mg; Total Carbohydrates: 22g; Dietary Fiber: 3g; Sugars: 13g; Protein: 64g.