This kabob dish tastes great and has some light touches to make it healthy and diabetic-friendly.
Posted in , Nov 5, 2008
Fire up the grill! It's summertime and the cookin' is easy with this kabob dish. It tastes great and has some light touches to make it healthy!
1/3 cup fat-free Italian dressing
½ cup dry red wine (or vegetable broth)
1½ tablespoons lite soy sauce
12-ounce lean boneless sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes, trimmed of fat
2 medium zucchini, each cut into 4 pieces
1 red onion, cut into 8 pieces
8 large mushrooms
8 cherry tomatoes
½ teaspoon seasoning salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1. Combine the Italian dressing, wine (or broth) and soy sauce in a shallow bowl.
2. Place the steak pieces in the marinade, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (several hours if possible).
3. Start charcoal in grill or heat the oven to broil.
4. Steam the zucchini and onion for 2–3 minutes or until slightly softened, but still crisp.
5. Assemble 8 kabobs, alternating meat and vegetables, using 3–4 pieces of meat, 2 zucchini chunks, 2 onion pieces, 2 mushrooms and 2 cherry tomatoes per skewer.
6. Broil on top oven rack or grill 5 inches from medium-hot coals for about 10 minutes or until desired doneness.