Spaghetti never tasted so good—or so healthy.
- Posted on Oct 6, 2010
This family favorite is quick to fix, delicious and always different—just choose the vegetables that have ripened that day!
8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
1 cup each snow peas, sliced fresh mushrooms and thinly sliced carrots
1 cup chopped sweet yellow, red or green pepper
⅓ cup chopped fresh basil
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 cup chicken broth
¼ teaspoon salt
3 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta.
2. Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, saute the snow peas, mushrooms, carrots, pepper, basil and garlic in oil for 2–3 minutes.
3. Combine cornstarch, broth and salt until smooth; stir into the vegetable mixture.
4. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 3–5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
5. Remove from heat; stir in tomatoes.
6. Drain pasta; divide among four plates. Top with vegetable mixture; sprinkle with cheese.
*Diabetic exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1½ starch.