A unique combination of pork and veggies makes for a quick and tasty dinner recipe from Food Network's Robin Miller.
- Posted on Sep 1, 2008
You'll love the combination of pork and veggie skewers dunked in a creamy sauce. Even better? There's leftover pork for soft tacos (see Chipotle Port Soft Tacos with Black Beans)! When using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 20 minutes before using to keep them from scorching over high heat.
1 cup light sour cream
¼ cup orange marmalade
1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon minced pickled ginger
2 (1-pound) pork tenderloins, cut into 2-inch cubes
1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 2-inch pieces
6–8 scallions, cut into 2-inch pieces
Ground black pepper
1. Preheat griddle on medium-high and coat with cooking spray.
2. Whisk together sour cream, marmalade, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic and ginger.
3. Reserve ½ cup of mixture for dip. Alternate pork, pepper and scallion pieces on skewers.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Brush dip over pork and veggies. Place on griddle and cook 5 to 7 minutes, turning frequently.
6. Serve half of pork and all of veggies with dip. Reserve remaining pork for tacos.