A new twist on a traditional favorite!
Posted on Dec 27, 2010
Ravioli and lasagna combined? Yum!
This easy recipe combines two Italian dishes into one!
What's even better is that you can use low-fat sauce and reduced-fat cheese, so you won't feel guilty about this comforting dish.
Don't forget to save the leftovers (even your kids will want more the next day)!
2 cups low-fat, preferably lower-sodium marinara sauce
25 ounces packaged frozen rectangular cheese ravioli
6 ounces reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, finely shredded
⅓ cup basil leaves, finely slivered
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Spoon ½ cup sauce evenly into bottom of 11x7-inch glass baking dish.
2. Lay one-third of ravioli (about 18 pieces) side by side in a single layer to cover bottom of dish. Spoon another ½ cup sauce evenly over top.
3. Sprinkle one-third of cheese and one-third of basil evenly over that. Repeat layering two more times, beginning with ravioli.
4. Cover dish with foil. Bake for 40 minutes.
5. Remove foil and continue baking an additional 10 minutes, or until pasta is heated through and cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes, then serve.