Experience the thrill of an authentic Italian meal.
- Posted on Sep 1, 2008
Anyone can make this delicious and easy authentic Italian dish. The anchovies give the sauce the texture it needs without adding an overpowering taste.
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 tablespoons minced garlic
1 6-ounce can black olives, sliced in quarters
3 tablespoons capers
½ teaspoon chili-pepper flakes
1 2-ounce can anchovies
1 15-ounce can chopped Italian plum tomatoes
1 tablespoon salt (optional)
1 lb spaghetti
4 tablespoons parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon butter
1. Heat oil in skillet until it crackles gently when water hits it.
2. Add garlic, olives, capers, pepper flakes and anchovies; keep at medium-low for about 5 minutes, breaking up anchovies (they'll dissolve).
3. Add tomatoes; raise heat to medium-high till tomatoes start a slow bubbling boil; stir ingredients.
4. Lower to medium-low and stir occasionally, simmering for about 20 minutes.
5. Bring pot of water to boil; add salt and pasta; boil; reduce heat to medium-high; cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
6. Add parsley and butter to sauce. When pasta is done, drain, mix with sauce.
7. Divide in 4 portions; top with Parmesan.
Read about one woman's desire to be as good an Italian cook as her mother-in-law in Pasta Amore.