A Super Bowl snack that's quick, easy--and diet friendly too!
- Posted on Jan 10, 2011
This recipe is not only quick and easy but also diet friendly. Ten tiny tacos are only 200 calories! Perfect guilt-free noshing during the big game!
10 Tostitos Baked! Scoops
¼ cup finely shredded romaine lettuce
2 tablespoons finely chopped tomatoes
½ ounce (about 2½ tablespoons) finely shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon lower-sodium taco seasoning
2 ounces 96% lean ground beef
1 tablespoon mild or hot red taco sauce
1. Arrange Scoops on a plate. Mix lettuce, tomatoes and cheese in a medium bowl until well combined.
2. Divide evenly among Scoops (about 1½ teaspoons per Scoop).
3. Stir 2 teaspoons water into taco seasoning in a bowl till there are no lumps. Set aside.
4. Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef. Use a spoon to coarsely crumble meat as it cooks.
5. When beef is no longer pink, after 1–2 minutes, stir in seasoning mixture.
6. Remove from heat when no liquid remains, about 1 minute.
7. Divide meat evenly among Scoops, atop lettuce mixture (about 1 teaspoon in each). Dollop top of each with taco sauce
From The Most Decadent Diet Ever! Copyright © 2008 by Devin Alexander. Reprinted with permission by Broadway Books.