Spice up your Thanksgiving leftovers with this fast and easy dish.
Posted in , Nov 22, 2019
|1 lb. lean ground turkey||2 Tbsp. minced fresh cilantro|
|1 c. chopped red onion||½ tsp. dried oregano|
|1-2 garlic cloves, minced||½ tsp. ground cumin|
|2 c. julienned zucchini||¼ tsp. salt|
|1 c. salsa||⅓ tsp. cayenne pepper|
|1 c. frozen corn||8 flour tortillas (8 inches)|
|1 c. julienned sweet red peppers||2 c. shredded reduced-fat Mexican-blend cheese|
|1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies|
1. In a nonstick skillet, cook turkey, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
2. Add zucchini, salsa, corn, red peppers and chilies.
3. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until vegetables are tender. Stir in seasonings.
4. For each quesadilla, place one tortilla in an ungreased nonstick skillet.
5. Sprinkle with ¼ cup cheese. Top with ½ cup filling, then another ¼ cup cheese. Cover with another tortilla.
6. Cook over medium heat, turning once, until light brown on both sides and cheese begins to melt. Cut into 8 wedges.
Yields 4 quesadillas
Nutritional Information (serving=1 quesadilla): Calories: 840; Fat: 32g; Cholesterol: 125mg; Sodium: 2410mg; Total Carbohydrates: 93g; Dietary Fiber: 5g; Sugars: 12g; Protein: 52g.