With this recipe, so easy to prepare in advance, you'll never be stumped when the kids (or the grownups, for that matter) ask, “What’s for dinner?”
- Posted on Jan 11, 2018
On chilly winter evenings there is nothing more comforting than tucking into a chicken pot pie. It’s easy to prep before a busy afternoon of soccer games and homework begins. Later on, when someone asks, “What’s for dinner?” I simply slide this savory pie into the oven, and pretty soon the whole house is smiling.
|Foolproof Flaky Pie Crust
4 c. sifted flour
|2 pinches of salt|
|2 c. butter|
|1 c. ice-cold water|
|2 deep-dish pie tins|
1 15-oz. can corn (undrained)
|1 16-oz. bag frozen peas and carrots|
|1 can cream of chicken soup|
|1 lb. cooked chicken (shredded or cubed)|
|1 14-oz. can chicken broth|
1. Mix flour and salt. Cut in butter until pea-sized.
2. Add water. Knead lightly.
3. Cover with cellophane and chill for one hour.
4. Divide dough into four balls. Roll out on a floured surface. Place one bottom crust in each pie tin.
1. Mix corn, peas and carrots, soup, chicken and broth together in bowl. Add filling to both pie tins.
2. Add top pie crust and crimp edges.
3. Refrigerate, or bake right away at 350 degrees for one hour, or until golden brown and bubbling.
4. Let cool for 10 minutes.
Each pie servces 4.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 800; Fat: 53g; Cholesterol: 170mg; Sodium: 1940mg; Total Carbohydrates: 61g; Dietary Fiber: 3g; Sugars: 4g; Protein: 24g.