This tasty, vegetarian wrap is perfect for a light lunch!
Mar 30, 2011
|3 large zucchini, peeled||Pinch of sun-dried sea salt|
|Juice of ½ lemon||Presto Pesto|
|2 c. chopped walnuts||2 c. loosely packed fresh green and purple basil leaves|
|3 cloves garlic||1 Tbsp. red miso|
|2 tomatoes, cubed||Chopped green and purple basil, for garnish|
1. Using a vegetable peeler or mandoline, cut thin, wide strips lengthwise down the zucchini.
2. Place the zucchini strips in a bowl, cover with water, add the sea salt and lemon juice, and soak for 2 hours, or until they taste clean (not starchy). Drain, rinse, and drain again.
3. To prepare the pesto, place the walnuts, basil leaves, and garlic in a homogenizer juicer or food processor and homogenize, creating an oily paste. Transfer the paste to a bowl and stir in the miso.
4. To prepare each wrap, lay a zucchini strip flat on your work surface. Drop a teaspoon of pesto in the center of the zucchini strip. Press a small piece of tomato into the pesto. Fold or roll up the zucchini strip.
5. Secure the wrap by piercing it with a toothpick or place it, seam side down, on a serving plate. Serve garnished with the chopped basil.
Serves 4 to 6