Here's a pretty dish that makes a festive and delicious lunch!
Posted in , Jul 17, 2013
|2 c. cooked chicken, cubed||2 large, firm bananas, sliced|
|1 c. celery, chopped||1 11-oz. can mandarin oranges, drained|
|1 T. Dijon mustard||¾ c. mayonnaise|
|1 c. mayonnaise||½ c. flaked coconut|
|½ to 1 tsp. curry powder||Salad greens (optional)|
|1 20-oz. can chunk pineapple, drained||¾ c. salted peanuts or cashew halves|
1. Place chicken and celery in a large bowl.
2. Combine mayonnaise and curry powder. Add to chicken mixture and mix well.
3. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
4. Before serving, add pineapple, bananas, oranges and coconut; toss gently.
5. Serve on salad greens if desired. Sprinkle with nuts.
Serves 4 to 6.
Nutritional Information (6 servings with no greens): Calories: 660; Fat: 44g; Cholesterol: 80mg; Sodium: 430mg; Total Carbohydrates: 39g; Dietary Fiber: 6g; Sugars: 28g; Protein: 30g.
Don't miss Sherry's inspiring story about the feeling of community that makes life in Pinecraft, Florida, so rewarding.
Download your FREE ebook, The Power of Hope: 7 Inspirational Stories of People Rediscovering Faith, Hope and Love.