Add a little kick to your life with this spicy—and healthy—poultry dish.
Posted in , Sep 4, 2012
This sauce doubles as a side dish. Freeze the leftovers for use another night!
|3 Tbl. yellow onions, diced||1 c. chicken stock|
|1½ tsp. minced garlic||¼ c. diced tomatoes|
|1 14-oz. can of black beans, drained||½ teas. fresh cilantro, minced|
|2 tsp. ground chipotle pepper||1 teas. sea salt|
|1 Tbl. extra-virgin olive oil||4 4-oz boneless, skinless chicken breast halves|
|2 Tbl. chili powder|
1. Spray pan with canola oil spray. Sauté onions and garlic over medium heat until onions are translucent.
2. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer 10 to 20 minutes or till beans are slightly thickened. Remove from heat and cool.
3. Place bean mixture in a blender and puree till smooth.
4. Preheat grill. Combine olive oil and chili powder in a bowl and mix to form a paste. Rub paste over chicken.
5. Grill chicken for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or till internal temperature reaches 165°F.
6. Serve each breast with 4 tablespoons black bean sauce.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 260; Fat: 8g; Cholestrol: 60mg; Sodium: 1270mg; Total Carbohydrates: 19g; Dietary Fiber: 5g; Sugars: 2g; Protein: 26g.
Download your FREE ebook, The Power of Hope: 7 Inspirational Stories of People Rediscovering Faith, Hope and Love.
Excerpted from Canyon Ranch: Nourish: Indulgently Healthy Cuisine by Scott Uehlein. Copyright © 2009 by Scott Uehlein. Reprinted with permission from Viking Studio.