Here's a recipe to help fight prostate cancer.
- Posted on Feb 7, 2012
Dwan named this recipe for its ingredients: cabbage (packed with health-boosting antioxidants), carrots and potatoes.
|1 large onion, minced||2 large carrots, peeled and finely chopped|
|⅓ to ½ of a serrano pepper, seeded and minced||Sea salt|
|1 T. extra-virgin olive oil||Freshly ground black pepper|
|5 new potatoes, sliced in quarters (skin on)||2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes, with liquid (or 4 fresh tomatoes, diced)|
|1 T. butter||1 t. Italian seasoning|
|1 c. of water, divided||1 14-oz. package turkey sausage, cut into small pieces|
|1 head cabbage, chopped|
1. Heat a Dutch oven or other large heavy pot over medium-high heat.
2. Sauté onion and serrano in olive oil.
3. Add potatoes, butter and ½ cup of water.
4. Cook on medium heat for approximately 10 minutes, or until slightly tender.
5. Add ½ cup water and remaining ingredients.
6. Reduce heat and simmer till cabbage, potatoes and carrots are tender—approximately 30 minutes.
7. Stir periodically; adjust seasoning to taste.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 340; Fat: 11g; Cholesterol: 40mg; Sodium: 1100mg; Total Carbohydrates: 49g; Dietary Fiber: 11g; Sugars: 16g; Protein: 16g.
Don't miss Dwan's inspiring story about learning to cook in a healthy way to help her husband beat prostate cancer.
Download your FREE ebook, The Power of Hope: 7 Inspirational Stories of People Rediscovering Faith, Hope and Love.