This delicious soup has a bit of bite and will prove the perfect antidote to winter's chill.
- Posted on Jan 9, 2013
This hearty dish can be ready to eat in 30 minutes.
|1 lb. hot Italian pork sausage meat, crumbled||1 14-oz. can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained|
|½ medium onion, chopped||2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed|
|3 garlic cloves, chopped||1 bunch kale, coarsely chopped|
|1 32-oz. carton chicken broth||Rustic bread, for serving|
|2 c. heavy cream|
1. In a large Dutch oven over medium heat, cook sausage, onion and garlic for 5 minutes, or until onion has softened and sausage is browned. Remove any excess fat drippings.
2. Add chicken broth, heavy cream, cannellini beans and sweet potatoes. Cover pot and bring soup to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Stir in kale and cook for 5 more minutes, still covered.
5. Serve each bowl of soup with a slice of rustic bread.
Serves 6 to 8.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 670; Fat: 53g; Cholesterol: 165mg; Sodium: 1080mg; Total Carbohydrates: 29g; Dietary Fiber: 7g; Sugars: 6g; Protein: 20g.
Excerpted from Savory Sweet Life: 100 Simply Delicious Recipes for Every Family Occasion by Alice Currah. All rights reserved. No part of this book may be used or reproduced without written permission from HarperCollins Publishers, 10 East 53rd Street, New York, NY 10022.