You Might Love a Soldier If...
Those of us who have had a loved one in the military tend to look at life a wee bit differently than the rest of the world. Today I thought I’d share a glimpse at that perspective with a (tongue-in-cheek) list for those who love a soldier, either as a spouse, parent, child or sibling.
- You know exactly how much you can stuff in a Flat Rate Box.
- You know how to fill out the post office forms necessary to send that box.
- Your prayer life has grown since your loved one enlisted.
- Passing a man or woman in uniform always brings a tear of gratitude to your eye.
- You know what it means when the incoming number on your phone doesn’t have the right number of digits.
- You cry over an email that doesn’t say anything but “Hi, I’m fine. Love you!”
- You refer to everyone not in the military as a civilian.
- You have a love/hate relationship with the mailman.
- You roll your eyes when you hear someone say, “I haven’t seen _______ in over a week.”
- You can rattle off military time without hesitation.
And a bonus...
- Your daily prayer list contains the names of soldiers you only know because you’ve met their friends and family somewhere in a line.
These are the things that made my list. How about your list? What things would you like to add? Be sure to leave your thoughts in the comments section below.
How to make your family a priority when other responsibilities crowd your days
When a loved one is in danger far away, here are ways to combat your own fears at home.