Watching your loved one’s caffeine intake and offering a stuffed animal to cuddle are possible solutions.
Posted in , Jun 14, 2019
If there is no medical problem causing irregular sleep patterns, you may want to try any of the following approaches:
1. During the day, encourage physical and mental activities; discourage too much napping, which can interrupt sleep patterns.
2. Stick to a bedtime routine whenever possible.
3. Keep caffeine to a minimum, as it can worsen sleep issues.
4. Give your loved one a stuffed animal to sleep with; it may have the effect of caring for a real person or animal, which can reduce anxiety.
5. If nightmares are a problem, check your loved one’s medications, as some can cause vivid dreams.
6. Talk to the physician about possibly adjusting dosages or even discontinuing certain medications.