A Mother’s Day gift doesn’t have to be more complicated than a simple, true expression of your love.
Posted in , May 3, 2021
Mother’s Day is an opportunity to celebrate our mothers and to be celebrated as mothers or mother figures ourselves. There are so many ways to mark the moment, from special meals or outings to flowers and other gifts. But showing your love and appreciation doesn’t need to be complicated or expensive. In fact, it can be as simple as a single sentence spoken with genuine emotion.
All your one-sentence wish has to be is loving, true and shared with affection. It can be written into a card, spoken on the phone or over a video call, or even sent electronically.
Let thinking about the one-sentence way to thank your mom be a moment of love and connection for you this Mother’s Day. Here are some ideas to get you started:
1) I love you unconditionally.
2) Mom, when I need to make a decision, I hear your voice as my voice of reason.
3) I may not always understand you, but I always love you.
4) Mom, I have learned more from you than you even know you’ve taught me.
5) I want to hear your stories—even if I’ve heard them before.
6) I think of you every time I [hear a certain song, do a certain task, etc.].
7) The older I get, the more I realize how much you’ve done for me all my life.
8) I am grateful you are my mom; I appreciate all you do and all you are.
9) When life isn’t easy, I love knowing you’re there.
10) You deserve to know how much you mean to me.
What one-sentence expression of love speaks to you this Mother’s Day?