Bible verses to keep you going through the toughest of times
Posted in , Jan 23, 2017
Have you ever had a week where it seemed like every time you turned around someone you love was hurting? My email and Facebook page have been filled with requests for prayer. Most of them have been for huge, life-changing situations, from serious and sometimes life-threatening illness to wrecked relationships.
Frankly, I have felt overwhelmed, helpless to do anything but say, “I love you, I'm praying for you, and I’m here if I can help in any way.”
I suspect we’ve all faced times like this. Or times when we’re the ones going through the fire. So I thought this would be a good time to share some of God’s sweet promises that we can cling to during difficult days:
I feel so encouraged when I read the Daily Guideposts’ Devotionals. I love looking for ways to share these tidbits of faith with others. Thank you Guideposts, for sharing God’s love with more people than we can ever know!
-Rhonda V, Diamondhead, Mississippi
1) “But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” (2 Corinthians 12:9)
2) “The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” (Psalm 34:17-18)
3) “We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.” (2 Corinthians 4:8-9)
4) “You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.” (Psalm 32:7-8)
5) “The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Those who know your name trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.” (Psalm 9:9-10)
I’m so grateful that His grace is sufficient. I’m thankful that I can look back at the hard times that I’ve encountered in my life and tell you that He’s a faithful God. I’m blessed that I can say that He’s never once failed me. Not once.
And even though I’d like to think that I’m His favorite child, I know that you are just as loved and that He’ll do the same for you.
Tried and proven.