1. Use kind words to spread positivity.
Instead of cultivating negativity with complaints or gossip, use words that bring out the best in yourself and others.
2. Forgive someone who has wronged you.
Is there someone on your grudge list? Take a minute, open your heart and truly forgive them.
3. Thank the people who make your life better.
Tell others how much you appreciate them for all they do—from the mailman to your best friend.
4. Give the gift of patience.
Let someone go ahead of you in line at the grocery store, allow the car stuck in traffic to merge, or simply de-escalate a heated situation with a smile.
5. Pay it forward.
Pick up the tab for a stranger. Buy coffee for the next person in line, pay the toll for the car behind you, or leave money at the vending machine with a note: “Treats on me in honor of Be an Angel Day.”
6. Pray on behalf of others.
Send a prayer request for a loved one, friend, or a stranger in need. Caring OurPrayer volunteers will stand with you in prayer.
7. Be a helping hand to others in need.
Bring a bag of canned goods to your local food bank, give clothing and supplies to the homeless shelter, make a meal for an elderly neighbor or offer to do their shopping.
8. Put a little love in your friend’s in-box.
Send a short email or text to your loved ones and let them know how much they mean to you.
9. Donate your talents to a good cause.
Sign-up to share the gifts that God gave you with others—volunteer at a nursing home, the children’s wing of a hospital, the possibilities are endless!
10. Help out our furry, finned and feathered friends.
Be an angel to God’s creatures—hang up a bird feeder or bringing supplies (old blankets, litter and pet food) to a shelter. Do a good deed to help those that can’t help themselves.