This delicious, light pasta dish is just perfect for a hot, lazy day.
This healthy dish is quick and easy to prepare.
|3 large tomatoes, chopped, juices reserved||Large handful basil leaves, roughly torn|
|¾ lb. fresh mozzarella, cut into half-inch cubes||½ c. cup olive oil, plus extra, if needed|
|1 c. kalamata olives, pitted and chopped||Salt and pepper|
|3 cloves garlic, minced||1 lb. spaghetti|
1. Bring large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Meanwhile, combine tomatoes and their juices, mozzarella, olives, garlic, basil and oil in a large bowl. Salt generously, add some pepper, and set aside.
2. When water boils, salt generously. When it returns to a boil, add pasta, quickly stir to separate noodles, then cover.
3. Uncover when water returns to a boil, then cook pasta al dente, stirring occasionally.
4. Drain pasta and pour on top of tomato mixture. Toss to combine after mixture warms. There should be enough liquid to coat pasta and form a puddle at the bottom of the bowl. If not, add a little more oil. Check seasonings.
5. Divide pasta among shallow bowls, breaking up any large clumps of cheese with your fingers. Top with juices at bottom of bowl.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 540; Fat: 40g; Cholesterol: 45mg; Sodium: 630mg; Total Carbohydrates: 31g; Dietary Fiber: 3g; Sugars: 3g; Protein: 16g.
Download your FREE ebook, The Power of Hope: 7 Inspirational Stories of People Rediscovering Faith, Hope and Love .