Ten Prayers for Summer
No mosquitoes, no poison ivy, no airport delays, no deer ticks...what will you pray for this summer?
by - Posted on Jul 21, 2011
As the weather heats up, remember to give thanks for all the good times (and good weather) God grants us.
- God, make it warm enough so my tomatoes will grow but not so hot that I can’t sleep with the window open.
- I will not hyperventilate at the prospect of a summer spot where there are no bars on my phone.
- Lord, I know you “send rain on the just and unjust,” but please not for the whole week I’m off.
- May the hammock be soft and the book absorbing.
- Please don’t let anybody take seriously the out-of-office email that says, “Feel free to call me anytime.”
- Nobody really cares what I look like in my bathing suit…right, God?
- Make me tolerant of others on the road and use quotable language behind the wheel of the car.
- No mosquitoes, no poison ivy, no airport delays, no deer ticks.
- Nows the time to remember when I said, “If I just had the time…”
- A sudden thundershower, fresh peaches, a mouthful of watermelon seeds, crushed mint, a Frisbee on the beach: For these I give you thanks, O God.
More Articles About