GUIDEPOSTS TERMS OF SERVICE
Effective Date: January 9, 2015
Welcome to the Guideposts website!
BY ACCESSING OR USING ANY PART OF THE SERVICES, YOU AGREE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND AGREED TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS, WHICH CONTAIN AN ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, WAIVER OF CLASS-ACTION RIGHTS, AND LIABILITY LIMITATIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE SO BOUND, YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR USE ANY SERVICES.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-800-932-2145.
1. GENERAL TERMS.
There are a few basic requirements you must comply with as a condition to having the right to use the Services.
- If you are under the age of 13, please discuss these Terms with your parents or legal guardian. They must consent to your use of the Services. If you are under the age of 18, Guideposts reserves the right to provide access to your account to your parents, guardian or other authorized adult, upon such adult's request.
- Users have previously been prohibited from using the Services are not permitted to access the Services.
- You may use the Services and access any content we provide only for their intended purpose in accordance with these Terms.
2. YOUR ACCOUNT.
You do not have to register to visit our Website. However, if you wish to contribute to the Website, submit content to us or otherwise access special features of the Services, you need to register with us and create a user account (your “Account”). The following terms apply to your Account:
- You will not transfer your Account to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your Account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your Account. We will never ask you for your password directly – if someone does that, you must contact us at email@example.com.
- You can close your Account by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. However, certain Terms applicable to your use of our Services in the past will survive.
- Guideposts has no obligation to retain a record of your Account or any data or information that you may have stored for your convenience by means of your Account or the Services. You are solely responsible for all activities that occur by way of the use of your Account, even if unauthorized.
- By providing us with your email address, you agree that we may send you emails related to your Account and to the Services generally. If you do not want to receive such general emails, you can opt-out by following the instructions in our messages. You may not opt out of emails relating to the administration of your Account.
3. WHAT YOU MAY NOT DO.
Use of the Services or Website in a manner that violates any applicable law, rule, or regulation, or any purpose not expressly permitted in these Terms, is strictly prohibited. Guideposts reserves the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the Services for the purpose of determining that your usage is in compliance with these Terms. Without limitation, you will not:
- Except as expressly permitted by these Terms, copy, reproduce, modify, distribute, display, create derivative works of or transmit any content of the Website;
- Use the Website, Services, or any of our marks commercially, for benchmarking, or to compile information for a competitive product or service;
- Reverse engineer, decompile, tamper with or disassemble the technology used to provide the Services or Website (except as and only to the extent any foregoing restriction is prohibited by a non-waivable provision of applicable law or to the extent as may be permitted by the licensing terms governing use of any open-source components), or otherwise attempt to obtain source code;
- Interfere with or damage the Website or our servers, including, without limitation, through the use of viruses, malware, harmful code, denial of service attacks, forged information, or similar methods or technology;
- Impersonate or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with a person, entity or organization, including, without limitation, us, or use a false identity;
- Attempt to obtain unauthorized access to the Website or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Website;
- Collect, manually or through an automatic process, information about users of the Website;
- Violate, misappropriate or infringe a third party’s intellectual property or other right;
- Interfere with any third party’s ability to use or enjoy, or our ability to provide, the Website or Services;
- Engage, directly or indirectly, in any type of unsolicited solicitation; or
- Assist or encourage any third party in engaging in any activity prohibited or restricted by these Terms.